Full-time Veterinarian for progressive animal hospital PA (work-life balance)
Bridgeport Veterinary Hospital, Resort & Spa
June 10, 2018
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Type & Experience Level:
Full Time - One to seven years
DVM or equivalent
Full-time Veterinarian for progressive start-up animal hospital between King of Prussia and Norristown
We are looking for a friendly, dedicated full-time veterinarian to join our brand-new Bridgeport Veterinary Hospital family. You will have the rare opportunity to have work/life balance as you will only be required to work the day shift Monday thru Friday and one weekend per month. Our team is open-minded, progressive, and poised to grow.
About the building
Our facility is an 11,000 square foot historic bank building that has been newly renovated to house a veterinary hospital, dog day care and boarding facility. Our architect, Jeffrey Grogan is an award-winning designer of veterinary hospitals. The facility will feature state of the art surgical, dental and veterinary procedure areas. The surgical suite will be located in the original main vault.
Bridgeport is located just 17 miles north west of downtown Philadelphia. It serves as a hub for the communities of Conshohocken, West Conshohocken, Gulph Mills, King of Prussia, West Norriton and the county seat of Norristown. The area has the perfect balance between city and suburban living. With 4,500 inhabitants, Bridgeport is one of the smaller communities around Philadelphia. Located on the Schuylkill River waterfront Bridgeport has yet to take advantage of its spectacular location. O’Neill Properties Group is planning a 29-acre residential community called Bridgeview along the river. The site is approved for about 325 townhomes plus apartments that will reconnect the borough to the riverfront. The largest shopping mall in the United States is located a mere 2.9 miles from Bridgeport. We have the enthusiastic support of the local government and citizens who are eagerly anticipating our opening. Our Facebook page accumulated 700 followers in one week.
We are building a different kind of veterinary hospital. One that makes no sacrifices on the quality of medicine, but will go to great lengths to make the process much more convenient and enjoyable for our clients and their pets.
Our clinic will pride itself on overall patient wellness, client education and research. The hospital owner would like to track epidemiological data for the area.
We will be a paperless practice with lots of space for boarding, dog day care and growth…
You will be a leader on the healthcare team and be instrumental to the growth of our hospital.
Responsibilities and perks include:
* Responsible for all medical, surgical and dental procedures
* Work with the managing veterinarian and office manager to provide excellent customer service and patient care
* Involved in evaluating new products and equipment and implementing new procedures.
* Help develop new marketing strategies.
* Communicate compassionately with clients
* Be an ambassador for the hospital: participate in community outreach
* A work / life balance: you will only work the day shift on weekdays and one weekend per month
* Professional liability coverage
You are our perfect candidate if you possess the following:
* VMD, DVM or equivalent degree
* A current Pennsylvania veterinary license
* A minimum of two years of practice experience
* A will to provide our patients with excellent medical care
* A desire to exceed our clients' expectations
* Excellent general surgical skills
* A proven track record of collaboration and leadership
* A compassionate soul
We look forward to hearing from you! You can find us at www.bridgeportveterinary.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BridgeportVets
Additional Salary Information: We offer a competitive salary and continuing education allowance. We encourage experienced doctors and new grads to apply.
About Bridgeport Veterinary Hospital, Resort & Spa
We are building a different kind of hospital. Be part of this progressive start-up!